Monday, May 9, 2005

Funeral Plans

We made plans with Stephen Howell for your funeral today. Daddy and Grandpa went with me. I sure did not want to go alone, and was glad I did not have to. Mr. Howell and his wife are so nice. He treated us so well, and was so professional. He gave us his condolences and only charged us half of what it would have normally cost for the funeral.

The part I dreaded the most, was going into the room to select your coffin. I asked Grandpa, "How do I do this?" and he commented, "It is just something that needs to be done, Rhonda." We all went in and I immediately saw a tiny pink little casket. I knew it was the one. Grandpa and Daddy asked some questions, but that is all I really remember. Later, we were asked if we wanted anything to be placed into your casket with you. I asked Madeline if she would pick out something. She went into your room and got Kanga and Roo. She said she thought you would like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment